Before you can Donate to an npayme, you will need 2 things:
1) Get a MetaMask wallet – The npayme network is a decentralized Web3 system, so you need a MetaMask cryptocurrency wallet. Be sure to use the web browser plugin version. Download MetaMask here.
2) Get some USDC to donate – Patrons can currently donate to an npayme using USDC on the Ethereum blockchain or USDC on the zkSync Era blockchain, with more cryptocurrency options including donating using a credit card coming in the future.
Using USDC (Ethereum) is VERY SLOW and VERY EXPENSIVE due to the nature of the Ethereum blockchain!
We strongly suggest you use USDC (zkSync Era) for FAST and CHEAP transactions!
- Need to buy USDC (zkSync Era)? Learn how here.
- Need to buy USDC (Ethereum)? Learn how here.
- Already have USDC (Ethereum) and want to swap it for USDC (zkSync Era)? Swap it here.
Ready? Let’s Donate an npayme!
Open an npayme URL in your web browser.
In this example, we’ll be using Oneiro’s npayme campaign that is raising funds for Kids Against Hunger.
Click on the “Donate Now” button to proceed.
Select either USDC (Ethereum) or USDC (zkSync Era) as your crypto payment method by clicking on the dropdown menu.
In this example we’ll be donating using USDC (zkSync Era).
Enter the amount of your donation, then click the “Pay” button to proceed.
npayme currently supports MetaMask, with support for other wallets coming soon.
Click on MetaMask to proceed.
The MetaMask browser extension should automatically open up a small window in your web browser. If it doesn’t, just click on the small extension icon in your web browser to manually open it.
Click on the “Connect” button to connect your MetaMask wallet with npayme.
MetaMask will now ask you to Sign a transaction.
When you Sign this transaction, the amount of your USDC donation will be withdrawn from your wallet and you will pay a gas fee.
In this example, the following amounts will be deducted from your wallet:
- 5 USDC (zkSync Era) – your donation to the campaign
- 0.15 USDC (zkSync Era) – a small blockchain gas fee
Note: Gas fees will vary depending on blockchain activity, but on zkSync Era the gas fee should be around 0.20 USDC (zkSync Era) for processing npayme donations.
In the popup MetaMask signature screen screen, scroll down until you see the Sign button become active.
Click the “Sign” button to proceed
MetaMask will now send your donation directly to the Beneficiary.
The process only takes a few seconds.
When completed, you will automatically see this screen.
Click on the “record of your donation on the blockchain” link for a webpage that will show your donation recorded on the blockchain. Remember to bookmark this URL for your own personal accounting and proof of your donation.
Click the “Send” button to optionally send a message directly to the Beneficiary as well as share your email with the Beneficiary so they can stay in touch with you.
You’re done! Congratulations and thank you for your donation.